What you need before you start
- Access to your Actiontec R1000H gateway.
- A pen and a piece of paper to write down the SSID name and WPA Key.
Follow these easy steps
Information on default wireless settings is available on a sticker on the Ationtec R1000H.
Alternatively locate your wireless settings:
- Open a web browser
- Type: 192.168.2.1 and then hit Enter
- Enter the username and password for the Router Admin Utility if
- Click Wireless Setup
- Change the network name (optional): The SSID by default is "BELLALIANT"<
last 3 digits of the serial number found on the sticker on Actiontec R1000H >.
An example of an SSID for a device with the serial number that ends in "743"
is "BELLALIANT743". You can change the SSID if you prefer to use a different
- Secure Wireless Information: By default WPA/WPA2 PSK AES is
used and the Security Key can be found in option 3 of the Basic Settings
as seen in the Image below.
- Click Apply to save any changes.